Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayer for Dwight and His Family

Hey Everyone, I got this email from another pastor friend of mine. He is really getting ready to go through some very major things in his life. Finding out he had lung cancer, and his wife is no longer around to help take care of the kids. He really needs all of our prayers. So please, Lift him up they need a miracle.
God bless you all.

This is what he wrote me.

Hey Buddy,

I know you have your own issue's your trying to deal with lately and I totally respect that. In saying that I have a request (a prayer request).

I wasn't sure I wanted to mention this or post it anywhere but after much consideration I figure maybe I should.

Just this week I learned from my doctor that I have "inoperable" lung cancer. It has been highly suspected for a while now that I had cancer but I needed to go through a battery of procedures before it could be confirmed.

Well, this week the final results came back and what my doctor suspected is true.

During the next several weeks and months I will be going through treatments that may be beneficial and with prayer and faith and trust in God I am hopeful.

I asked my doctor what having this cancer means in terms of life expectancy and he couldn't give me much in the way of an answer. He said it all depends on how well the treatment phase goes.

All I am asking my friend is that you remember me (and especially my family) in prayer if you will.

Thanks buddy, take care and I'll be in touch,
God Bless,

Dwight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Prayer Requests or Comments you have. Let me know. Thank you.