Thursday, October 29, 2009

Update on my friends daughter. Swine Flu

I just got an update from my friend Dwight and his daughters Swine flu. Please Keep Praying. She is doing better Thank God. They still need our prayers though. This is what he wrote to me.

Update: Brittany is getting better and is finally showing signs of much improvement. She is still rather weak (which the doctor said is normal with H1N1) and her breathing is still erratic but not as much as earlier in the week. She isn't fully recovered yet, but slowly getting there.

She still complains of discomfort in her chest and in her tummy and she is still achy feeling, and her throat is still very sore and she has trouble speaking. But her fever is down and is staying down and she is able to eat (soups) and keep it down.

She's been taking her meds the doctor prescribed and today is the first day this week she actually sat up on the couch and watched TV. Before all she wanted to do was lay down.

Please, if you will, continue to pray for her that she will have a full recovery and that God will help her to overcome this illness without any lingering complications.

Thank you so much Dan, you are truly an awesome friend!

God Bless,
Dwight


He also wanted to add this as well.

One real quick note to the update I sent:

The doctor told me today that with the H1N1 ~ sometimes it looks and feels like your getting better and all of a sudden, set-backs can occur. I pray that will not happen to Brittany, but it's something that sticks in the back of my mind.

The most heartbreaking part of all of this was on Monday night when the doctor came in the examining room and informed us that Brittany tested positive for H1N1 she looked at me and began to cry and said, "Daddy, does this mean I might die?".

Man I cannot even begin to tell you how I felt at that moment. And I cannot even begin to imagine the fear and emotions Brittany was feeling.

But she knows God and she trusts God and her faith is strong, and I immediately prayed with her right then and there.

Thanks bro,
God Bless you and your family,
Dwight


Please continue to pray for them. God bless you all.
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Prayer Requests or Comments you have. Let me know. Thank you.